Anniversary Weekend
Subscribe to feed

About This Blog...
celebrating 50 years in Riverview Park and 75 years in Ottawa

Archives

Recent Posts

Other Blogs



24
September 24, 2018

This year marks the seventy-fifth anniversary of the Church of the Nazarene in Ottawa. The church began meeting in 1943 at 91½ Fourth Avenue, with Rev. Fletcher Tink as pastor. In 1951 Rev. Everett Haner started a second church: Grace Church, which met at 821 Boyd Avenue. In 1968 the two congregations merged under the leadership of Rev. Bill Coulter and became Trinity Church on Avalon Place. Rev. Al MacMillan – part of Trinity Church at the time – founded the Bridlewood Church in Kanata, and that church was organized in 1985. The denominational focus of being a community-minded, community-involved, and community-caring continues strong.

The church is planning a celebration weekend. First, a reunion banquet will be held October 27. Current and former congregants will meet together at the Bridlewood Church in Kanata for dinner and a time of remembrance. Founding pastor of Trinity Church William Coulter and the family of Fletcher Tink [who brought the Church of the Nazarene to Ottawa in 1943] will join with others who return to Ottawa to celebrate. A reception will be held beginning at 4:00 pm and all are invited to gather for a catered meal at 5:00 pm. Please contact the church office [ottawatrinity@rogers.com] to RSVP.

Sunday morning at 10:30 the congregation and friends will meet for a celebration worship service. Along with many former church leaders, National Director of the Church of the Nazarene in Canada Ian Fitzpatrick and District Superintendent Steve Ottley will be in attendence. Everyone is invited and welcome.